03 February 2017
The teeing ground is the starting point of each hole of a golf course. In this area, you will make your tee shot. Some things need to be noted about tee shots:
- Before playing your tee shot, you may change your ball. However, you should notify a player in your group if you are changing your ball.
- Your tee shot is played from between, and not in front of, the tee-markers.
- You may play your tee shot from up to two club-lengths behind the front line of the tee-markers.
If you play your tee shot from outside the correct area:
- No penalty (in match play). However, your opponent may ask you to replay your stroke provided he does so immediately.
- A two-stroke penalty (in stroke play) and the stroke which has been made does not count and you must play a new shot from within the correct area.